Christmas in Jonesboro

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

After Branson for a few days we headed strait towards Jonesboro to spend the weekend with my family for Christmas Parties. We first caught up with on of my high school friends I havent since since I got married and got to see her cute new baby boy. On Friday we had my fathers family over and spent time with my aunts. My aunt Mandy is pregnant with her second child and we spent time guessing the gender-which we found out this week will be another girl, sorry dad guess he lost the bet. That night we spent at my brothers new house which is really gorgeous and I am really happy for him. I love the fireplace in his bathroom. We exchanged gifts and I guess I will learn my lesson you cannot buy nerf guns without someone getting hurt. My dad ended up shooting my nephew in the eye ending the Christmas spirit with crying, screaming, and everyone mad. Well at least the kids still enjoyed playing with it after that. John also revived his childhood dream of owning a nice remote controlled car after playing with my brothers.Maybe Santa will bring him one next year if good. My mom got pots and pans so she will actually want to cook. And I got in trouble from my dad for throwing away a rusted over bent tin pan we had taken home from the cabin. Even though it was probably hazardous to a persons health it apparently belonged to my great grandfather and should have come back to the cabin. I did not know this when I threw it away but it was in such bad condition that I dont think my great grandfather would have taken it, it seems I will never hear the end of it from my father for getting rid of it. The Christmas Program at Church the next day was amazing with singing and musical solos, my dad had a narrative part. I do miss living in a ward that is musically blessed and inclined. After church my parents had my mom side of the family party in which mom crammed over 20 people into her house and served a massive feast she had been preparing for days. Dirty Santa was as fun as ever and we ended up with a cake book and other miscellaneous stuff. It is always fun to go home and see the down to earth family I came and all the hard work they do. It is also so humbling for me to go home and remember that I used to sleep in a dining room with a curtain for a wall and that my parents still live paycheck to paycheck trying to pay the bills. I love how my family has so little but gives so much. My parents are always giving even when they really dont have anything. That is one of the best legacy my parents will leave me.

0 comments: