Fun Day

Friday, January 8, 2010

First, I am excited to say that my parents had their 32nd anniversary this week. As a gift John and I sent them money to go see Avatar. We saw it a few weeks ago, and while the movie story line is average, the visual effects are worth the price. I was glad to hear they went today and enjoyed the movie, mostly the 3D part. John was planning on going on a scouting camp-out tonight and took a half day off to prepare, but the low temperatures made them call it off. So John had a half day off work we went to eat at Red Lobster and then to the 75cent theater to watch couples retreat. I start classes and work on Monday, but I am feeling unprepared since not all my books for class have arrived and will not be here before I attend some of my classes. I have done good on my resolution and not eating Chocolate-and lost 3lbs this week by just doing that. On Wednesday the stake patriarch came and talked to the YM &YW about blessings. It made me think about the last time I had read mine. One of the parts I had never thought about was the part where it talked about loyalty and it hints at being tested in my loyalty to God and church. Now that I am in law school and see the pride of my profession. I see how this could be an easy trap for me to fall into if I do not remember the humble roots I come from.

0 comments: