Monday, December 13, 2010
Its like that song except instead of feeling sad I am stuck in finals waiting for one more before I can feel like a normal human again. Since I had a long and tiring exam this morning, I get the rest of the night off. I felt like writing about my favorite things I have discovered this year. -Yes I know not all of these things are new, but they are to me.
1. Goat Milk Soap Bars with real sea sponges. I have sensitive skin so I fell in love with these bars I bought from a local lady who makes them right here in Arkansas. They have awesome scents, like cranberry chutney, and feel like heaven on my skin. I have seen similar in health food stores and other little shops, but this lady is local and has a really reasonable price. If you are interested you can email her for more information at: seaflowers5@aol.com
2. Hunger Games Book Series. This was my favorite read of the year these books are action packed and so much more than your basic story line. I actually bought this series to sit on my bookself.
3. Gelato-Yes, that Italian ice cream that has been around forever. I had my first taste of it in DC, and with such wonderful flavors such as salted carmel and less sugar and calories than regular ice cream I may have an addiction.
4. The movie Date Night: I think anyone who has been in a relationship for a long period can relate to this movie. It also helps that this movie makes you continue to laugh all night.
5. Glee. Even if you don't like the story line or hate the characters, you cannot deny they can sing. I love how they sing songs in a new format.
6. Cat nip Squirrels-No not the animals the cat toy kind. Ever since I bought what is called a squirrel toy our cats have been throwing it up in the air and having a ton of fun.
7. Food Blogs: Yes, I have come to realize there are thousands of food blogs out there. But some are really amazing. A few of my favorites include: annie eats, picky palate, and Our Best Bites. Oh, the things food blogs have taught me about cooking.8. Quo Vadis Day Planner Journal 21. There is nothing that can replace a pen and paper planner. Sorry Google calendar's but I am not always online. This Planner has a page donated to each day and allows you to schedule everything by hour-no more writing hours in a weekly calendar.
9. Scentsy Candles. Yes it is a mixture of a candle warmer and candle. The best thing about it is that I do not have to worry about burning my house down if I forget to blow out the flame. Which, um, a few of us have been known to accidentally do.
10. Lastly, Party Planning Blogs. These blogs are great they show you how to host an amazing party like the baby shower I threw earlier this year. Since I am not the most creative person on my own, thank goodness for some ideas to guide me. Here are two of my favorites: Kara's Party Ideas, One Charming Party.
0 comments:
Post a Comment