

A few weeks ago I took my cats to get their yearly vet visit. They have had visits in the past, but ever since they had a bad experience getting neutered they have been terrified of visiting the vet. This time we had some serious problems. Jasper cried in the car the whole time, hissed and growled during the whole examination ( I would too if you stuck a thermometer up my rear), and finally got through his shots. Javan on the other hand has decided that as soon as he enters the vet's office he will now be a rabid crazy cat. He attacks, bits, hisses, runs around the room, sheds hair in clumps, and acts like he is dying. Javan has also decided that since I took him there I am no longer allowed to get near him without being attacked and bitten also. I felt bad for Javan who is going crazy and I feel bad for the veterinarian and his assistant who have to wear thick gloves and try to use a blanket to hold Javan down and not get bitten. So the visit was horrible and after 10 minutes of madness I decide that we will take Javan home and try it again another day. The vet decides that Javan needs valium to help with his anxiety, and so before I take him in for his next visit I drug him with a full pill. In the car Javan was so sweet purring and loving on me. As soon as I took him into the vet office, he goes crazy again. This time however the pill did not allow him to have as much energy and after a few minutes the vet gave Javan his yearly shots while holding him down under some blankets. I was really excited to have his shots over with, but I also talked the vet into giving Javan a 3 year rabies vaccine so I won't have to take him in for shots for a few years-yeah. They are both healthy with Jasper weighing 16 pounds ( I know he is a big cat), and Javan weighing around 10. Oh the adventures of having pets.
0 comments:
Post a Comment